Saturday, December 29, 2012


 Lynda and Bob arrived about 3 on Sunday afternoon. We had a tent set up for Bob.
 A four man tent was filled with a queen air mattress. Some of the nights were in the 40's, so a little heater and warm sleeping bag  was needed this year.
 Monday we headed west and stopped at Plant City for strawberry treats.
 We went to Tampa power plant to see the manatees. Unfortunately it was a grey, cool, drizzly day, but there were lots of manatees.
 We then headed over to Clearwater and walked along the beach.
 If anyone knows what this bird or shells are please identify them for me. Thanks Roberta for looking at your bird book and identifying it as an American Oystercatcher.
 We arrived back at Thousand Trails just as this sleigh came down our road. Must be Santa!
 There sure are a lots of presents under our tree.
 Christmas morning was spent opening all those presents.
 Larry opened his drill that I went out to Lowes for on Black Friday at 5:00 AM!
 I got a lot of neat things to make my wine experience better. The wine rack I will stain and build. An automatic cork removal - now I can get that bottle opened! An aerator one for red and one for white.
 Some clothes, Larry picked out that pretty dress.
 Do what you like and like what you do! A journal to keep track of all we do and a calendar for 2013 of pictures my sister took on our trip to Niagara Fall.
 Larry's big gift to me was a new NOOK HD+ . I received it a few week ago, and then he tried to surprise me with a cover for it. Unfortunately he ordered the wrong size, so we went back to Barnes and Noble and exchanged it.
 I had told my family to bring some nice clothes for my surprise gift.  They sure looked nice.
 I had purchased tickets to see Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba. Larry didn't even guess what we were going to do.  We had seen it in 2006 when we worked at Disney. When we passed by a bill board advertising it he said he would like to go again, so we did. It was a great show!
We enjoyed walking around Downtown Disney before the show.
 With the cooler, cloudy weather Lynda and Bob left late morning on Thursday. Bob wanted to go to Daytona and we thought it would be better if they just left from there on their trip north. Since there was to be  a storm in the northeast on Saturday they arrived back in PA before it hit. I sure miss them when they leave, but am glad we were together for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment