Monday, June 10, 2013

SHORE TIME

 We came to Sea Pines, an Outdoor World campground outside of Avalon, NJ, for two weeks on May 29th. On Friday my sister, Lynda, came down for a few days to celebrate her birthday with us.
 The weather was warm but rather windy. Lynda was a little cold on the beach in Wildwood on Saturday.

 On Sunday we visited my friend Helen and her family at Sea Isle City. It was still pretty windy and cool at the beach. but it was great visiting with Helen and her family.

Tuesday we took a walk on Avalon's beach.
 Had a good seafood meal at the Oceanside Restaurant in Avalon. Their she crab soup is almost as good as the soup at Charley's in North Carolina, that I fell in love with when working at Vandemere last year.
 A few miles up the road is the Cape May County Zoo. It is free, they just ask for donations to keep the animals feed. It is a very nice zoo. Lynda and I spent the day there on Monday and then Larry and I biked to it on Friday. I wanted to go back to see if the Snow leopard babies were out yet. (none of them were out for Larry to see)



 I did see the babies nursing on the monitor.
 Finally, we had a nice day with little wind and no rain, so Larry and I spent the day in Wildwood at the beach ( only beach that does not require beach tags) Larry spent a little while in the water, I only went in to my knees. The water temp was  67.  Larry has enjoyed our time here at the shore enough that he suggest we come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment