Friday, August 18, 2017

BACK TO GETTYSBURG FARM

 On August 13 we moved back to Gettysburg Farm. Larry brought the coach over while I went and picked up the two oldest grand daughters, Ashtyn and Alivia. We watched them for two days while their parents went to a wedding. I missed so many photo opportunities while we had the girls. We had fun swimming at the pool. We made some play dough and played with it for hours. And then on  a walk they got to feed the goats out of their hands and then hold a little 4 week old bunny.
We are parked over by the barn and there sure are a lot of animals. Besides goats and rabbits there is a flock of sheep,  a horse, a donkey, a cow, some llamas and alpacas,  a pig, roosters,chickens, turkeys, and even a peacock.
On Tuesday I went over to Mystique"s and canned peaches, I had picked a bushel at Cherry Hill farm last week. And Mystique's grandmother brought two large baskets. Mystique and I peeled the peaches, her grandmother put them in the jars, while Mystique's mother made the sugar water and did the canning. With many hands working we were done by noon. Now I have peaches for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment