Monday, December 11, 2017

CELEBRATIONS

 I have been doing a 25 days of gifts this year for Larry and the granddaughters. Last year I did 25 books for the girls. This year I tried to do craft and school items - crayons, coloring books, paper, scissors, paints, stickers,etc. I had to have all theirs ready the middle of November to mail. Then I decided to do it for Larry since we will be flying to Philadelphia on Christmas Day and having to  open our gifts here before we leave. Each morning he gets a gift to open. Some are stocking type and others are bigger gifts.
 One was tickets to see this play on Friday night. It was at the Davenport theater which we have never gone to before.  It was a cute show, they all had good voices and played their roles well. It was a nice enjoyable evening.
 Saturday night we had a Christmas dinner for our Sunday School class at Vic and Karla's lovely home.
 Of course a gift swap is always a fun time. Roger had to open a lot of gifts, for his kept getting stolen.
 Our class has about 15 members, but not everyone was able to come.
 Karla gave Roger the last gift to be opened. A nice big picture. I wonder who will get it next year? !

 My gift to everyone was Grinch pills. Hopefully when eating one or two of my molasses cookies  they will take the Grinch right out of them.
 Sunday was a very full day starting with church at 8. Then Sunday school where we watched an interesting video about Harod, the king when Jesus was born. At noon we had a Celebrate Recover Leadership luncheon which I had volunteered to make the food.  I  had made a creamy turkey rice soup and  vegetable soup, which was great since it was our first cold day with temperatures in the low 40's.  I made this cake which I  learned how to from face book.
 You divided white cake mix into thirds and added food coloring to two of them It turned out OK , but I would like to try it again and I'm sure it would turn out  better next time.
Sunday ended with a beautiful concert by the choir at our church.  It was a full weekend of lots of Christmas celebration.
 On Tuesday the library in Clermont has had performances from 4 to 6. We went last Tuesday for this guitar concert. She gave away a guitar at the end of the show. It was her 49th guitar to give away.
 This Tuesday was a beautiful harp concert by Victoria Lynn Schultz.
 I  hope this video works so you can enjoy a bit of her music.
 My Christmas cactus are in bloom.
My peace lily has flowers this year. My prayer for all of  you is to know the peace that Christ offers to us all and to enjoy the beauty of the season. Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Busy time of year! Always enjoy your blog! I know journaling is an excellent way to keep track of your busy life. I am just too lazy to do it! We have been busy too. My theory is keep busy while you can! Hope you continue to have a wonderful Christmas season and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete