Saturday, June 5, 2010

REASONS TO COME BACK TO PA





Our grandson Chase (9 years old) plays on the Mountville traveling team. We got to go to his game the other night. Many of his games have been cancelled, since we have had so many storms in the evening. This game just got done when the heavens broke open. He plays left field. That night when he was up to bat he had a walk (eventually scoring a run) and then he struck out twice. His dad said he is usually a hot batter.
Notice my battered face? These medical check-ups are keeping me very busy and sore. When I had my annual check-up I mentioned the spot on my nose that didn't seem to heal and kept reoccurring. My sister has had basal skin cancer on her face and arm, so I thought I better have it looked at. I was sent to a Skin Center and had the spot on my nose checked. The doctor felt it was probably basal skin cancer, so he cut it off (the spot not my nose). Having your nose numbed is quite a sensation. It may leave a little scar. Then I went for my 6 month dental cleaning and I complained about a tooth I've had problems with for a long time. From the x-ray, the bleeding when I floss and they cleaned we felt it needed a periodontist to build up the bone. At the periodontist they took more x-rays and decided my back molar needed to be extracted and then a bone graft done so later I could have an implant. This tooth had always given me problems, it had already had a root canal done many years ago. My symptoms for the root canal had been my lip went numb and unfortunately it has stayed numb ever since. The extraction was a little painful (needed some extra Novocaine)It was very infected. They used bone from a cow for the bone graft, so you will know why I may be mooing when you see me. My face has been quite swollen the last few days and now it is turning black and blue. I have the stitches out in two weeks, and then at least a year before an implant. My question is, How much will my insurance cover? At least I have some dental insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment