Sunday, January 5, 2014


 Lynda and Bob flew into San Antonio at 9:30 Christmas Eve. Bob usually sleeps in a tent when they come for Christmas, but the weather has been too cold. We rented a Get Away cabin at the park  for him this year. We surprised him with it saying that is where Santa had delivered the gifts.
 At noon on Christmas Day we went to the activity center for dinner.
 There was turkey and ham, and we all brought a covered dish and a desert. Lots of good food.

 Medina Lake TT has a lot of deer. I never got tired of seeing them. Bob even got to see a grey fox one evening.

 Thursday was spent in San Antonio. Our first stop was the Alamo. then we took a bus tour where we were able to hop on and off at different stops.
 We ate lunch here in Market Square.
 Went down to the River Walk.
 Walked around HemisFair park and the craft shops in La Villita.
 Looked at the Buckhorn museum
 Bob practiced his shooting.
 Stopped at Rita's on the River for a Margarita.
 Larry had one here 6 years ago and wanted to come back.
 We waited till the Christmas lights were just coming on to take the barge ride on the river. Unfortunately it was a cold day and we were ready to head home. For dinner we had to stop at Whataburger and let them experience it.
 We had driven around the country side with them on Christmas Day, so Friday Bob suggested we go back to Bandera and eat at Busbee's and walk around the town. Unfortunately some of the stores were still  closed.

 The most amazing thing about this area is the lake, that isn't.  Six years ago we have beautiful pictures of this lake, but it dried up two years ago.  Talk about drought. This was the boat ramp into the lake at the park.
 Looking up at Thousand Trails floating dock from the lake bed.
 The only water left is this little bit over by the dam miles away.  This dam had formed a large lake and now it is gone, so sad.
 Bob and Lynda flew home early Saturday morning. It was sure nice having them with us for Christmas. Family and friends are a special part of the holiday.
 Tommie and Andre invited us to sit with them the first Sunday we went to the Methodist church in Lakehills.   We really enjoyed talking with them. They had us over to their home on Christmas Eve and we had them come visit us after church the next week.We even started off the new year with them at their house. The best part of our travel is meeting and getting to know such interesting people and the hardest part is saying goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment