Wednesday, February 24, 2021

COVID -19 VACCINE

 



At Groveland they have been using the Amazon parking lot to give Covid shots. Larry was able to get his shots through the VA in Orlando. I got in the long line on Feb 4 hoping to get my first shot. 

Finally got to the entrance of the lot. Took my information (had to be at leasst 65) and put the paper on the wind shield.
After winding through the parking lot I could see where they were giving the shots.
Dedicated workers, on hot days.
Where the cars are parked they are getting their shot. After 15 minutes they leave and then I can park and get mine. About 3 hours from start to finish.  
Got a call on Monday, February 22 to go back on Tuesday, Feb. 23rd for my second shot between 8 and noon. I had an eye doctor appointment at 7:45 at Celebration, so I headed right there after I was done. The Amazon lot is 23 miles north of my home.  I arrived at 10, this time the cars were lined up for over a  mile on 27 before we even got to the road. As we crept along the police started to announce that the lot was full and there would be  no more vaccine given.  They stopped telling cars to leave about three cars behind where I was parked. So I prayed and kept in line, slowly crawling along.  

I was the last car to be parked to get the shot. They even came by and told us that they had run out but would be getting more in 1/2 hour. I didn't care how long it took, I was just glad I was getting it. A little after 2 I had my second shot and was headed home. It took 4  hours this time, but I was lucky. I had a book with me to pass the time. My only regret was I didn't have anything to eat and only had a piece of toast before I left this morning at 7.  They did have porta pottys to use when you reach the parking lot, just a little hard being the only one in the car, so I had to wait till I was parked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment