Monday, September 25, 2023

VISIT TO PA CONTINUES

Whenever I am in PA I try to get together with some of the people I taught with at Octorara Elementary.  Mary Alice High and Avis Benard are great friends. We really had a terrific staff and enjoyed our years working together. It was good visiting with them.


Labor Day weekend we went with Mystique, Eric, and the grandchildren to
  Buck Motorsport for the demolition derby. Eric was excited to go since he use to do this in his 20's.  It was a nice evening for it. 

Ali, a friend of Mystiques we have know since high school also came with her family. The little red head is Sadie, her daughter. Their children often do things together. 
There was lots of excitement, even had a car flip over. This was the winner for this event.

The evening ended with fireworks.

It was a good 15 minutes display.

One day we went to Lewes, Delaware to visit Larry's son Brian and his wife Dorothy. They had just sold their house in Mountville and moved here. I meant to get a picture of their new home but was so busy with the visit I forgot. We did enjoy some pizza at Grotto, Larry's favorite.


My sister and I went to Macy's and went dress shopping for the wedding. I have been asked to wear blue. This is not the dress I chose. I never saw a bigger dress selection then at this store. Lynda found a pretty mauve dress with a long jacket, the color she was requested to wear.  We had a fun day


 I took puzzles of the month with me but had to do them at the adult lounge for Patty was just a little too helpful. This is the puzzle for September. Even though they are 500 piece puzzles I find them a little challenging. 
Too bad a piece is missing.

We went to Reading to watch a drum and bugle competition. I use to go to them a lot in the 80's and I enjoy the amazing performances. Some of the alumni member of the Reading Buccaneers started the evening off.
We stopped in and saw Marie, a friend from when we were full time RVers. She lives a few blocks from the high school where the event was held. The high school band performed. Marie's grandson was one of the drummers. 
 
The Caballeros, the Bushwackers, the Skyliners and the Buccaneers all performed.
Each one had a theme.  A lot of practice goes into these performances. Their musical talent is outstanding. 

We enjoyed sitting around people who had children in the Buccaneers. They were so excited for them.  They came in first place. It was a great night. And I was very appreciative of them letting us park in the handicap area for I was not able to walk any distance.


We were parked at Hershey Thousand Trails Campground for a few days before we left for the NOMADS annual meeting. They had a program about  local animals put on by Raven Ridge which is a rehabilitation and rescue center. 
They did a great job talking about each bird or animal.

We really learned a lot.

This  woman once had been sprayed directly in the face by a baby skunk. She said she couldn't smell it after the first day, but everyone else did and it took 4 months before the smell went away no matter what she used.  

We left Sept 12 to go to Du Quoin, Illinois for the NOMADS annual meeting. It was a good visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment